- Post code is GU10 2DL
- Take the B3001 south from Farnham. Take the right- hand fork. That is signposted Tilford, immediately past the level crossing. Keep to that road. Just outside of Tilford village pick up the signs for the Rural Life Centre. Follow those signs go pat the entrance. Of the centre look out for the entrance to the field that we are using.
- Parking is in a large field, £5 per car cash if possible. We will have a card reader at the gate so we can take some payments by card But cash is preferred
- Gate will open at 9am and close by 2pm.
Please do not park on the road or in the rural life centre
To enable everyone to enjoy the morning please ensure that all competitors have noted the following
- The race start will be within the field where you have parked.
- The race starts at 11am.
- Leave baggage at the start –as the race finishes at the same location
- The 5-mile course follows a variety of undulating tracks, paths, and trails through the Bourne woods.
- The paths and trails are open to the public so runners many encounter walkers, cyclists and/or horse riders en-route. Please look out for other users of these woods and observe common courtesy when passing them.
- Please obey any and all requests by race marshals as you progress around the course.
- Look out for and follow the 'Day-Glo' arrows and red and white strip tape along the route.
- Sections of the route are on hard, flinty paths that can be very slippery when wet. TAKE CARE!
- There are sections of very loose stone. TAKE CARE!
- There are sections that are quite waterlogged and very muddy. You are very likely to slip and slide. TAKE CARE!
- Look out for tree roots on the course and low-hanging branches on either side of the paths.
- The course is not suitable for spikes. 'Trail' or 'off-road' shoes are recommended.
- Runners take part at their own risk.
The race finishes in the same field as it starts
- There will be refreshments of sandwiches, cakes, tea, and coffee available for fee of £3
- We will have a large marquee in the field where the race will start this will be where refreshments are served.
- Please ensure you bring your own cup if you would like tea or coffee as we will not be supplying any disposable cups
- Tea and coffee will be available to purchase prior to the event
Toilets and Changing
Porta-loos are arranged! To be sited in the Field
- Please ensure that all runners wear their club vests. Runners not wearing club vests will be pulled out of the race.
- Please observe the time-limits - No men who have run faster than 5.30min/mile over a measured race of 5 miles or longer in the twelve months prior to the start of this season. - No women who run faster than 6.00min/mile over a measured race of 5 miles or longer in the twelve months prior to the start of this season.
- Finally, we look forward to seeing you all on the 27th of November and we hope that everyone who attends enjoys the race and some fun too!