• The race start is a short walk from the race HQ.
• The race starts at 11am.
• Please leave any baggage in the race HQ area, as the race Starts and
finishes near this point. Bags are left at the owner’s risk.
• The area in front of the classroom (Race HQ) is the designated place for any
tents and flags to be erected. If anything is erected elsewhere, it will be
• The 5-mile course follows a variety of undulating tracks, paths and trails
around the around the Forest.
• There will be other users of the Forest including families on bikes and dogs.
Please be aware of any other forest users and observe common courtesy
when passing them.
• Please obey any and all requests by race marshals as you progress around
• Look for and follow the bright arrow signs and red and white strip tape along
• Be mindful of tree roots and low-hanging branches on either side of the paths.
• The course is not suitable for spikes. 'Trail' or 'off-road' shoes are
• Trail shoes are advised as parts of the course are very muddy due to the
recent weather conditions.
• ALL Runners take part at their own risk.
• The race finishes on the pathway just below the race HQ area.
• There are no changing rooms available.
• There are toilets in the main area of the Forests visitor area.
• There will be refreshments including sandwiches, cakes, tea and coffee available for the fee of £2.00 at the with in the classroom (Race HQ)
• There will be tea and coffee available before the race at 50p per cup.
• To help to reduce the use of plastics please bring along a mug for your tea and coffee. We will have some spares just in case!
• Please ensure that all runners wear their club vests. Any runners not wearing
club vests will be pulled out of the race.
• Please observe the time-limits - No men who have run faster than
5.30min/mile over a measured race of 5 miles or longer in the twelve months
prior to the start of this season can take part. - No women who run faster
than 6.00min/mile over a measured race of 5 miles or longer in the twelve
months prior to the start of this season can take part.
Copyright © 2018 Southern Cross Country League. All Rights Reserved.