The race starts a short walk from the race HQ.
• The race starts at 11am.
• Please leave baggage at the start as the race. Starts and finishes by the car park by the classroom at the. Bags at the owner’s risk.
• There will be a designated area for tents and flags near to the with in car park by the classroom
• The 5-mile course follows a variety of undulating tracks, paths and trails
around the around the Forest.
• There will be other users of the Forest including families on bikes and dogs.
Please be aware of any other forest users and observe common courtesy
when passing them.
• Please obey any and all requests by race marshals as you progress around
• Look for and follow the bright arrow signs and red and white strip tape along
• Be mindful of tree roots and low-hanging branches on either side of the paths.
• The course is not suitable for spikes. 'Trail' or 'off-road' shoes are
• Trail shoes are advised as parts of the course are very muddy due to the
recent weather conditions.
• ALL Runners take part at their own risk.
• The finish to the race Will be on the path just down from the class room
• There are no changing rooms available.
• There are toilets in the main area of the Forests visitor area.
• There are no changing rooms available
• There are toilets in the main area of the Forest
• There will be refreshments of, cakes, tea, and coffee available for fee of £1.50
• Please ensure you bring your own cup if you would like tea or coffee as we will not be supplying any disposable cups
• Tea and coffee will be available to purchase prior to the event.
• Please ensure that all runners wear their club vests. Any runners not wearing
club vests will be pulled out of the race.
• Please observe the time-limits - No men who have run faster than
5.30min/mile over a measured race of 5 miles or longer in the twelve months
prior to the start of this season can take part. - No women who run faster
than 6.00min/mile over a measured race of 5 miles or longer in the twelve
months prior to the start of this season can take part.
ENGLAND ATHLETICS AND UNAFFILIATED MEMBERS
· Our race is licensed by England Athletics, CC2023/1026, dated 06/11/2023. With the licence approved, we therefore have race insurance. England Athletics require me to advise (post event) whether there were any unaffiliated athletes taking part (i.e. non club members or any runners at clubs not affiliated to EA), therefore please let me know post event such details and I will need the £2 unaffiliated levy payment per runner. Please send this by BACS to me (if you DM me I will send my bank details), confirming by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Within a week I would hope to send the final consolidated sum by BACS to England Athletics, so please can you settle in a similar timescale.